The fight is on as SOULCALIBUR™ V goes on sale in Europe and Australia
February 3, 2012
NAMCO BANDAI Games’ timeless tale of two swords opens a new chapter today on PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®
Local tournaments and European final announced!
Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. today announced that SOULCALIBUR™V is now available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft throughout Europe and Australasia. The award-winning next chapter in the premiere weapons-based fighting game franchise comes loaded with new game features, expanded modes and fan-favourite guest character Ezio Auditore da Firenze from Ubisoft’s multi-million unit selling franchise, Assassin’s Creed®.
Developed by NAMCO BANDAI Games’ Project Soul™ team, SOULCALIBUR V picks up 17 years after the events of SOULCALIBUR™ IV with new heroes and returning warriors clashing in an epic showdown between good and evil. The tale of Patroklos and Pyrrha Alexandra unfolds as their family’s destiny becomes entwined with the Soul swords. With an expanded character creation mode, and new gameplay features including the Critical Edge and Quick Move systems, SOULCALIBUR V will be the must-have fighting game of 2012.
The updated Creation mode allows players to customize outfits for existing SOULCALIBUR V characters or create an entirely original warrior. Tweak everything from hairstyle, voice, outfits, equipment and sizes of various body parts to create a fighter as fearsome or outrageous as possible! Players will be able to show off their custom characters to the world in multiple online modes including the new Global Colosseo. The Global Colosseo acts a hub for all SOULCALIBUR V community interactions from around the globe. Pick a region and start interacting with other SOULCALIBUR V players through voice and text chat. Create or enter specific rooms to challenge friends and other players. Ranked and Player matches are also available for quick online battles.
Alongside the standard retail edition, a special Collector’s Edition of SOULCALIBUR V is also available at launch. Packed in a specially designed ‘book’ box, the Collector’s Edition includes a high quality art book, a CD containing a selection of music spanning the history of SOULCALIBUR, the making-of videos, a DLC card for the Black Knight and White Knight armour sets, plus original artwork and letter on reproduction parchment paper signed by the team at Project Soul. Fans who pre-ordered either edition of the game from participating retailers will receive a code to unlock Dampierre as a playable character as soon as they fire up the game.
Three packs of DLC are scheduled for February 2012, each priced at €1.99 or 160 MS points in Europe and loaded with exclusive new customization items and music that players can then unlock in-game. Pack contents are as follows:
Pack 1: Launch Day February 3rd
- Nine exotic customization items including bikinis, wings and face paints
- Original music from Soul Blade and SOULCALIBUR (tracks also available individually for €0.99 or 80MS points)
Pack 2: Valentine’s Day February 14th
- Nine fearsome customization items including breast plate, kimono and animal heads
- Original music from SOULCALIBUR II and III (tracks also available individually for €0.99 or 80MS points)
Pack 3: February 28th
- Nine exclusive customization items including mask, face paint, camouflage and skull
- Original music from SOULCALIBUR IV and SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny (tracks also available individually for €0.99 or 80MS points)
Following the launch of the game, NAMCO BANDAI Games is organizing “SOULCALIBUR IMPACT 2012” a series of local tournaments to unite the community and let fans publicly demonstrate their weapon-wielding prowess. The local tournament finals will take place as follows:
- Belgium – March 10th at Utopolis in Mechelen
- Denmark –start on the 11th of February (Online tournament in partnership with Gamereactor)
- Finland – February 11th at Katariinankatu 18 in Pori
- France – March 10th in Paris (in partnership with FNAC)
- Germany – February 25th at the Kolner Jugendpark in Koln
- Italy – February 8th at the Straf Hotel in Milan
- Netherlands – March 10th at the Pathé Tuschinski in Amsterdam
- Norway –start on the 11th of February (Online tournament in partnership with Gamersparadise)
- Poland – February 25th at the Lucid Club in Warsaw
- Portugal – February 25th , online tournament
- Russia – February 19th at MediaMarkt in Moscow
- Singapore – March 3rd at e2MAX@Cinleleisure in Singapore
- Spain – February 25th at the HUB Madrid in Madrid
- Sweden – February 18th at the Gamer Meetup in Stockholm
- Switzerland – February 18th at the Club Block in Zurich
- United Kingdom – March 17th at St Stephen’s Rosslyn Hill in London
Once they’ve proven their worth in the country tournaments, the winners will head to London to compete in the European Grand Final on March 17th. The ultimate winner of the European final will take home a £1000 cash prize and a Soul Edge replica trophy.
For more information on SOULCALIBUR IMPACT 2012 please visit www.soulcalibur-impact.com